European Patent Attorney
Industrial Property Attorney (French)
+33 (0)1 41 48 45 20
- Graduate Master of Laws 2, Industrial Property
- Post Graduate Certificate for Patents, Trade Marks and Designs and Patent Litigation from the "Centre d’Etudes Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle" (CEIPI - Center for International Intellectual Property Studies)
- Engineer, graduated from the Institut Catholique des Arts et Métiers (ICAM) in Nantes
- Graduate from Aalborg University in Denmark
- Postgraduate degree in telecommunications from the Conservatoire National des Arts et Metiers (CNAM) in Paris
- Auditor of the 32nd youth seminar of the Institute of Advanced Studies in National Defence (IHEDN)
- Member of the CNCPI’s Commission on "IP Taxation and Valuation"
Professional experience and skills acquired
Pierre-Yves began his career at the French Patent Office where he worked for 3 years as a patent examiner in the field of automotive transmissions. He then developed his skills as a patent engineer within various international groups in technical fields related to mechanics, embedded electronics in the automotive industry and telecommunications.
Pierre-Yves worked for more than 10 years in a large French group specializing in tyres, where he was able to work on all aspects of patent engineering: patent portfolio management, freedom to operate studies, pre-litigation management in France and abroad, and raising inventors' awareness of industrial property.
Pierre-Yves has also developed a strong interest in design protection.
In early 2020, he joined the office.
Through his education and professional experience, Pierre-Yves has been able to work in various fields and his technical expertise lies mainly in the following areas: computer science, telecommunications, cryptography, image processing, signal processing, artificial intelligence, but also general mechanics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, biomechanics. Recently, Pierre-Yves has been particularly interested in the field of cyber defence and space law.
French (native language) - English - German (technical)